- Psyonix, developers of Rocket League, announced a new tournament, the Rocket League Spring Series.
- The league will start in April and has a $350K USD prize pool.
- Competitors from Europe, North America, South America, and Oceania will all compete in their own regions and have their own unique events.
Rocket League is set to return with an online-only tournament and a prize pool of $350K. Rocket League developer Psyonix announced that the Rocket League Spring Series will start in April. Competitors from Europe, North America, South America, and Oceania will all have their own unique events.
The prize pool will be divided up per region with North American and Europe seeing $125K each, while South America and Oceania will play for the largest share of their individual $50K prize pools. According to the release, each region will have its own weekend to play out its regional tournament.
Tournament and Open Qualifier Dates:
- South America: Open Qualifiers on April 14-15, Spring Series on April 18-19
- North America: Open Qualifiers on April 21-22, Spring Series on April 25-26
- Oceania: Open Qualifiers on April 28-29, Spring Series on May 2-3
- Europe: Open Qualifiers on May 5-6, Spring Series on May 9-10
In terms of format, the Rocket League Spring Series looks like this:
- Eight total teams per tournament.
- The top four teams from each region’s Season 9 Regional Championship will auto-qualify and have preferential seeding.
- The remaining four spots will be filled by Open Qualifiers held before each tournament.
- Each tournament will feature a double-elimination bracket played out over two days of action.
- All matches will be best-of-5, except for the Loser’s Bracket Finals, Winner’s Bracket Finals, and Grand Finals, which will be best-of-7.
The Rocket League Spring Series is the latest event to go fully online and regionalize as recently, WePlay! recently announced the Pushka League, a regional Dota 2 league that will see teams from Europe and the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) compete.
Source: Read Full Article