Cyberpunk 2077 has a complex level up system with stats and points to spend, but you never get enough points to make yourself a powerful all-rounder. You need to specialise in a specific area. In this guide, I’ll talk you through the best perks for a Gunslinger class so you can become the most feared cowboy in Night City.
Before we dive into the perks, though, let’s talk stats.
Cyberpunk 2077 Best Stats For A Gunslinger Build
Here are the five specialisations you can put points into and how they affect your overall stats:
- Add 5 health, add 3 stamina
- Increase damage with fists and gorilla arms by 3
- Increase damage with melee weapons by 1.5%
- Decrease movement penalty when grabbing an enemy and wielding a HMG by 6%
- Increase passive evasion from enemy attacks by 1%
- Increase crit chance by 1%
- Increase damage from Mantis Blades by 3
- Allows you to unlock doors
- Each point spent increases armour by 5%
- Increases crit damage by 2%
- Increases all resistances by 1%
- Increases stealth damage by 10%
- Reduces speed by which enemies detect you in stealth by 0.5%
- Increase mono wire damage by 3
- Increase cyber deck RAM capacity by 4%
- Increase quickhack damage by 0.5%
- Increase quickhack duration by 1%
A Gunslinger should pump most of their points into Reflexes and Cool to increase that critical hit chance. Get that increased enough and you’ll be dropping people with clean headshots before you know it. It’s also worth putting some points into Body so you can increase your health, but don’t make that your focus. With this build, which is focused on speed and maneuverability, you should be able to avoid most damage. We also have some perks to help with survivability.
Cyberpunk 2077 Best Perks For Gunslingers
First I’ll list the perks you should aim for and then I’ll talk a little about the why. It’s also worth noting that you might have to put some points in other perks in certain categories to unlock some of the perks below. You should first prioritise the ones you can immediately unlock at your current level.
- Like a Butterfly: Dodging does not drain stamina
- Dog of War: Increase health regen in combat by 30%
- Steel Shell: Increase armour by 10%
- Regeneration: Health slowly regenerates during combat
- True Grit: Increase max stamina by 10%, then 20%
- Multitasker: Shoot while sprinting, sliding, and vaulting
- Marathoner: Sprinting does not drain stamina
- O.K. Corral: Deal 50% more damage with pistols and revolvers to enemies whose health is below 25%
- High Noon: Increases crit chance with pistols and revolvers by 4%
- On the Fly: Reduces draw/holster time for pistols and revolvers by 25%
- Desperado: Increases damage with pistols and revolvers by 6%
- Gunslinger: Reduces reload time for pistols and revolvers by 10%
- Steady Hand: Reduces pistol and revolver recoil by 30%
- Vanishing Point: After performing a dodge with a pistol or revolver equipped, evasion increases by 25% for 6 seconds.
- Rio Bravo: Increases headshot damage multiplier with pistols and revolvers by 10%.
- Long Shot Drop Pop: Increases damage with pistols and revolvers to enemies 5+ meters away by 15%
- Westworld: increases crit chance for pistols and revolvers by 10% if fully modded
- From Head To Toe: Increases damage to limbs with pistols and revolvers by 7%
- Attritional Fire: Firing consecutive shots with a pistol or revolver at the same target increases damage by 10%
- Brainpower: After a successful shot Wout a pistol or revolver, crit chance increases by 25% for 5 secs
- Acrobat: perform dodges while aiming a pistol or revolver
- A Fistful of Eurodollars: Increases crit damage with pistols and revolvers by 10%
- Snowball Effect: After defeating an enemy, fire rate for pistols and revolvers increases by 5% for 6 secs. Stacks up to 5 times.
- Lead Sponge: Enables you to shoot with pistols and revolvers while dodging
- Grand Finale: The last round in a pistol or revolver clip deals double damage
- Wild West: Removes the damage penalty from pistols and revolvers when shooting from a distance
- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly: After a successful crit hit with a pistol or revolver, damage and armour increase by 30% for 5 seconds
- Shifting Sands: Dodging recovers 15% then 20% stamina
- Slow and Steady: Armour is increased by 15% then 30% while moving
- Shrapnel: All grenade types deal 20 damage in addition to their normal effects
- Bladerunner: Increases damage to drones, mechs and robots by 20%
- Sniper: Increases damage by headshots fired from outside combat by 30%
- Silent and Deadly: Increase damage dealt by silenced weapons by 25% while sneaking
- Assassin: deal 15% more damage to humans
- Cold Blood: After defeating an enemy, gain cold blood for x seconds. Increase movement speed by 2%, stacks up to 3 times
- Critical Condition: increases the duration of Cold Blood by 5 secondsIcy Veins: Reduces weapon recoil by 2.5% per stack of Cold Blood
- Speed Demon: you deal more damage the faster you’re moving.
- Big Sleep: Disable all cameras in the network for 3 minutes
- Turret Shutdown: Disables security turrets in the network for 3 mins
There’s a bit of crossover here with the Assault build, except here we’re focused on handguns. Because of that, you don’t have the same potential for carnage, which means you sometimes need to resort to stealth. The few stealth perks here are focused on using silencers and kicking off combat with a heavy hit. We’ve also got some Cold Blood in here to pair with an Annihilation perk that makes you do more damage the faster you’re going. Couple that with the ability to shoot and reload while sprinting, sliding, and dodging, and you’re a glass cannon that’s hard to hit.
With this Gunslinger build, the aim is to dodge as much as possible during combat. Successful dodges increase your natural evasion stat, so you can get in a rhythm of dodging to reload before spinning around for the next enemy. And you should be emptying your clips, since Grand Finale gives you extra damage for the last bullet in your pistol. Keep moving and keep firing, cowboy.
If you’re looking for more, we’ve also got a page on the best Blades build in Cyberpunk 2077, and there’s another for the best build if you want to punch everyone to death.
Next: Cyberpunk 2077 Review – Future (Almost) Perfect
Cyberpunk 2077 is available for PC on GOG.COM, Steam and Epic, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Stadia from December 10, 2020. When you buy Cyberpunk 2077 on GOG.COM, 100% of your money goes to CD PROJEKT Group and supports their future projects.
These articles are posted in affiliation with GOG.COM. TheGamer received compensation from GOG Sp. z o.o. for affiliating these articles with their brand.
- Cyberpunk 2077
- Xbox One
- Xbox Series X
Kirk is the Editor-in-Chief at The Gamer. He likes Arkane games a little too much.
Source: Read Full Article