You would think that trying to take over the world would be a full-time job, but remember that you have a whole legion of people to handle most of the responsibility in Evil Genius 2. This leaves plenty of time for self-reflection and future plotting about what you’ll do once the world is yours.
Or, you can spend it knocking off some smaller tasks on your checklist to obtain a variety of different goodies. Aside from the Main Story, many different Side Stories will pop up during gameplay, and completing them can certainly aid the growth of your evil operations.
Side Story Rewards
Evil Genius 2 has several main objectives but even more optional ones. They will appear sporadically as you accomplish missions and meet certain conditions. They’re worth pursuing if you can spare the time and resources as the rewards can be very beneficial.
The most appealing reward is the Henchmen. Each henchman has its own story and recruitment conditions which you’ll need to fulfill in order to recruit them. At the start, you’ll get a choice between one of four henchmen but you’ll be able to have up to five serving under you once you complete more stories.
In addition to henchmen, you can also earn loot and traps from completing side stories. While traps can be effective at protecting your base and slowing down agents, loot is tailored towards maintaining equipment and minions. Loot can do things such as prevent your assets from being destroyed as well as raise minion morale.
Completing Side Stories
Though you’ll never be short of things to do, Side Stories should take priority over the Main Story. The reason for this is that many of them are time-sensitive and will disappear after a certain main objective is achieved. Another issue is that many of the Unlock Conditions are not apparent and it’s possible to accidentally get locked out of some stories. To avoid this, take the following steps:
- When picking your starting henchman, choose Eli Barracuda Jr. The reason being is that he’s required for the story that leads to the Statue Of Liberty’s Torch loot item.
- Alert Atomic Olga and Agent X as soon as possible, but do not defeat Atomic Olga until you have the Broken Time Machine.
- Since you can’t recruit both Clara Jones and Carl Caffard, go with Jones. She’s needed to unlock the story that earns you the Terracotta Army.
- As soon as a Side Story appears in the Mission Tab, aim to complete it as soon as possible.
Thankfully, many of the loot Side Stories can be unlocked by completing Henchmen Recruitment quests. Another thing to take note of is that many of the unlock conditions simply revolve around expanding your base. These include things like:
- Having a certain number of minion-types like Chemists and Biologists
- Expanding your network into territories dominated by organizations such as S.A.B.R.E. and A.N.V.I.L.
- Progressing through the story and completing missions
- Purchasing the Deluxe Edition of Evil Genius 2
You should also keep plenty of saved files just in case you miss the window of opportunity and to avoid bugs that have known to retroactively remove loot items upon completing story missions.
Source: Read Full Article