The full line-up and schedule for this year’s Facebook Connect is now available, including Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg’s keynote speech and John Carmack’s unscripted talk.
This year, it looks like events and sessions will “unlock” across the Connect schedule– some sessions unlock at specific times, while others simply become available “after the keynote.”
The keynote speech itself unlocks at 10am Pacific on October 28, which will see Mark Zuckerberg and “other Facebook executives” deliver the annual keynote address and “share the vision for the metaverse — a place of new immersive experiences and the next evolution of social technology, built by people like you.” There’s also a Facebook event and Oculus Venues event for the keynote, both of which reveal the keynote title to be “Infinite Horizons” — a nod to the Horizon branding that’s now being used as the moniker for the different branches of Facebook’s social VR platform.
The next biggest event is Consulting CTO John Carmack’s notoriously-unscripted annual speech and Q&A session, which unlocks at 2pm Pacific on October 28, a few hours after the keynote. Last year, Carmack spoke for more than an hour, packing a huge swath of topics into a dense, unscripted talk about the keynote announcements and Facebook’s wider VR strategy.
Here’s a few, but not nearly all, of the other Connect events:
– Developer State of the Union with Chris Pruett, Tom Langan, Allison Lee, and Mari Kyle, available from 11:45pm Pacific, October 28.
– Best Practices and Tips for App Lab Success with Chris Lang, available after the keynote
– Introduction to Mixed Reality with Britta Hummel and more, available after the keynote
– Do You Really Know App Lab? Tales Of Success From Devs with Rita Turkowski, Daniel Sproll (Realities.io), Julien Pecenicic (Smash Drums), Tommy Maloteaux (Deisim), available after the keynote
– Building for the Future: Social and World AR Experiences with Matthew Roberts and more, available after the keynote
– Bringing Diversity To Your App with Daniel Kamerling, available after the keynote
– Build Mixed Reality Experiences with Wei Lyu and more, available after the keynote
– Building Diverse Communities in Horizon Worlds with Lisa Kotecki and more, available after the keynote
Facebook Connect begins on October 28 — you can view the full schedule of talks and register for the event here.
Source: Read Full Article