Fortnite Down: Server Status news for today’s new 12.20 update maintenance
Update – According to Fortnite Status Twitter account: "Downtime for v12.20 has begun. We’ll provide an update when downtime ends."
Original Story – Fortnite servers are shutting down today to make way for the games next big update for Chapter 2 Season 2.
Epic Games announced the news out of the blue that they'll be releasing Fortnite update 12.20 for the game tomorrow morning, Tuesday, March 17.
Writing on Twitter, the Fortnite Status account for the game told fans:
"Hey everyone! Get ready, v12.20 arrives tomorrow. Downtime will begin at 4 AM ET (0800 UTC)."
As a reminder, this is for all systems, meaning that come 08:00am GMT, Fortnite players on PS4, Xbox One, PC, Nintendo Switch and Mobile will be unable to play online.
Likewise, it's worth noting that this doesn't just impact Fortnite Battle Royale, but also Save the World and Creative modes too.
In short, everything Fortnite will be offline with no word yet on how long server maintenance could take in order to release the latest update for the game.
That being said, downtime normally lasts no longer than three hours, so we can expect the games update to go live with the game coming back online no later than midday.
Epic Games has not announced anything about the games next update, but based on the Trello board, there's a number of bug fixes than could be made in order to improve the game.
- The Vault Banner does not show up in players' Locker.
Battle Royale Issues
- At the end of a match, the "Return to Lobby," "Item Shop," and "Report Player" buttons may be unresponsive on controller.
- Player markers are placed on the terrain behind buildings/structures players could be aiming at.
- Players may get stuck inside the Porta Potty they end up in after using a Secret Passage.
- We've seen an increase in reports of buildings and structures appearing low detail or loading in late in v12.10.
- Players on PlayStation 4 may be unable to resume Auto-Sprint when they let go of the control stick after pushing it forward slightly left/right.
- Players may be unable to place a trap if the trap icon hasn't finished loading.
- When placing the Yacht Prefab the rails on the front and back of the Yacht do not align with the rest of the Yacht.
Save the World Issues
- The following Perks may not be properly applying to B.A.S.E: Electrified Floors, BASE MD, Frozen Castle.
- Love lobber's poison cloud causes semi-permanent tick damage when walking into damage cloud after eliminating the beehive lobber.
- Banner gadgets acting as respawn points disappear earlier than intended.
- Retrieve the Data Missions will sometimes be unable to start normally which prevents players from progressing in the mission.
More to follow.
- Nintendo Switch
Source: Read Full Article