Diluc is a powerful five-star pyro claymore user in Genshin Impact, popular for his sheer amount of attack power. He is a DPS that can be used to wear down shields, trigger powerful reactions, and quickly deal with hordes of enemies. Like any character, though, his build, constellation, and levels will determine just how effective he is in battle. Without fully leveling Diluc and his talents up, players will never be able to truly get their most out of Diluc’s build.
It’s important to understand that there are a lot of working parts in building a powerful character. Below is a rundown of Diluc’s constellation, talents, ascension, and what the best artifacts and weapons are to use with him.
Building Diluc isn’t about just throwing on the most powerful sounding equipment you can find. To properly build a character, you need to know about their constellation. Depending on what abilities your Diluc possesses, some sets may be more powerful than others. It is important to note that Diluc is not a supporting character and will only play well as a DPS.
- C1 – If enemies are about 50% health, then Diluc will deal 15% more damage to them.
- C2 – Being hit by an enemy will now give Diluc a 10% boost in speed that can stack up to three times. This will only last for 10 seconds per stack and can only occur every 1.5 seconds.
- C3 – Searing Onslaught can now reach level 15.
- C4 – Searing Onslaught can be used along with Diluc normal combo will increase his damage output. Players that wait two seconds in between each Searing Onslaught attack will also receive a 40% increase to attack.
- C5 – Dawn can now reach level 15.
- C6 – Searing Onslaught will now give Diluc’s next two standard attacks a 30% buff to attack and attack speed.
Diluc’s constellations won’t help with other characters in the party and are designed around ensuring that he has a powerful attack and useful combos.
Best Artifacts And Catalysts
Diluc is pretty easy to build, and luckily for players, five-star artifacts won’t cost any money as they can easily be farmed. Most five-stars will become quite common as your world level increases, making it easy to gather the very best sets for Diluc. Here are the best sets you can use, starting with the most recommended artifact type:
- Crimson Witch of Flames: Having a four-set of Crimson Witch of Flames will give Diluc a 15% bump to the vaporize and melt reactions. In addition, Overload and burning will give a 40% damage bump. This is on top of the 15% pyro damage bonus.
- Gladiator’s Finale: This gives Diluc an 18% attack bump and a 35% normal attack bump.
- Crimson Witch of Flames and Gladiators Finale Mix: Having two artifacts from each set will give Diluc a 15% pyro damage increase and an additional 18% attack bump.
- Berserker: Increases crit rate by 12% and will give Diluc another crit rate bonus of 24% when he hits 30% health.
Weapons are also a bit easy to guess for Diluc. Optimally the player will have the five-star Wolf’s Gravestone and the Crimson Witch set equipped together. This can be hard as the player will need to get lucky with the gacha system, though. Here are the best weapons in order for Diluc.
- Wolf’s Gravestone: Diluc’s attack is increased by 20%, and if his health falls below 30%, he will get an additional 40% attack bonus for twelve seconds.
- Skyward Pride: Gives an 8% damage boost and creates a vacuum that does 80% attack damage to surrounding enemies after a successful hit. The vacuum lasts for twenty seconds and can occur every eight seconds.
- Prototype Archaic: This is the most free-to-play friendly item and can be forged. It gives all normal and charged attacks a 60% chance of dealing 240% AoE attack damage every 15 seconds.
- Sacrificial Greatsword: Hitting an enemy with Searing Onslaught gives Diluc a 40% chance of the CD resetting every thirty seconds.
Getting the most out of Diluc means you need to ascend him to level 90. Here are all the items it takes to completely ascend Diluc:
- 1 Agnidus Agate Sliver
- 9 Agnidus Agate Fragment
- 9 Agnidus Agate Chunk
- 6 Agnidus Agate Gemstone
- 168 Small Lamp Grass
- 18 Recruit’s Insignia
- 30 Sergeant’s Insignia
- 36 Lieutenant’s Insignia
- 46 Everflame Seed
Small Lamp Grass is a Mondstadt specialty that can be found in Wolvendom, Stormterror’s Lair, and the Whispering Woods. Insignia can be gathered from fighting the Fatui. Everflame Seed and Agnidus both come from the Pyro Regisvine near Cuijue Slope in Liyue.
At level one, he will gain the passive talent Relentless, which cut’s his stamina use in half when using charged attacks. At ascension level four, he will get Blessing of Phoenix that makes his burst pyro enchantment last four seconds longer.
His non-battle passive talent Tradition of the Dawn Knight can refund 15% of ore used when Diluc makes a claymore.
Leveling Diluc’s Talents
Leveling Diluc’s talents will ensure that all of his attacks are hitting as hard as possible. To completely level Diluc’s talents, you will need:
- 9 Teachings of Resistance
- 63 Guide to Resistance
- 114 Philosophies of Resistance
- 18 Recruit’s Insignia
- 66 Sergeant’s Insignia
- 93 Lieutenant’s Insignia
- 18 Dvalin’s Plume
Dvalin’s Plume will come from the weekly Stormterror boss fight and is a random drop. Dvalin must at least be level 70 before the Plume can be obtained by the player.
Next: Genshin Impact: Pro Tips For Playing As Tartaglia
- Genshin Impact
Jess has been writing for clients all around the world for years. From companies in Japan to being featured on The Kim Komando Show, Jess has prided herself in expressing her love for gaming. Her favorite console is the Nintendo 64 and she revels in replaying through Paper Mario and Megaman Legends. When not fighting Reaverbots she can be found gushing over the newest JRPGs or watching seasonal anime with her furless cat Noko.
Source: Read Full Article