We know that Kojima productions is already hard at work on Death Stranding 2 courtesy of an impromptu leak from Sam Bridges actor Norman Reedus (for which he’s already taken flack from Kojima himself). However, it now seems that Hideo Kojima might also be working on a new horror game starring Death Stranding actress Margaret Qualley.
Industry insider Tom Henderson states that he’s received leaked early game footage showing Qualley in a blue dress walking down a dark corridor while holding a flashlight. The game is presented in third-person, but first-person is mentioned as a possibility. The short teaser ends with a jump scare, a "GAMEOVER" message, and finally the game’s name: "OVERDOSE… a Hideo Kojima Game."
Henderson states that this game has been rumored for some time, and might even be the title fellow insider Jeff Grubb mentioned when he said Kojima was in talks with Xbox to publish his next game.
Another interesting coincidence: Kojima teased something for June 6 last week by showing his Hal 9000 model on Twitter. After panning out, he then revealed a picture of a woman with the date June 6 in the photograph. Kojima didn't seem to have any big announcements on his Twitter page yesterday, but it's possible that June 6 message wasn't meant for everyone.
We could get an announcement on both Overdose and Death Stranding 2 fairly soon. Summer Game Fest’s Geoff Keighley was spotted on a Zoom call with Kojima just last week, possibly hinting at some sort of big announcement.
Or maybe not. Keighley said earlier today that Summer Game Fest will be "primarily focused on stuff that is announced," and for fans to temper their expectations.
"What I would say is that a lot of the games we're going to show you are [already] announced, [but will] show new content to you," he said. "We're doing some good stuff for you, but definitely manage your expectations in terms of the megaton shocks that you're expecting."
Source: Read Full Article