We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
It may be Sunday, the day of rest, but Wordle doesn’t take a break, even if you do. Indeed, the genius behind Wordle has another fiendish puzzle for us to solve. Today’s Wordle isn’t the most obscure word, but it is trickier than you’d think. Fortunately, however, Express Online is here to help Wordle fans across the world, courtesy of some spoiler-free hints for Wordle 456 on September 18. Just head to the bottom of the page for the clues, and good luck!
The perfect companion for your Sunday morning cup of tea or coffee, Wordle challenges players to figure out a five letter word in just six guesses.
In order to successfully solve the puzzle, you need to pay attention to the colour of the tiles. If the tile turns grey, then the letter you’ve guessed doesn’t appear in the final word. If it turns yellow, then the letter appears in the word, just not in that position. A green tile means the letter is in the word and in the correct place.
If you’re really lucky you might just get the answer on your first go, although the odds are extremely slim.
Because of the popularity of Wordle, there are lots of different variations of the original game, all with their own twist.
There’s a Lord of the Rings themed Wordle called Lordle, a musical variant called Heardle, and a hardcore Wordle game called Quordle – where the aim is to guess four words instead of just one.
If you’re not great with words, then you’ll prefer something like Nerdle, where you’ve got to figure out a maths equation.
Four best Wordle starting words to make you a ‘Wordle Master’ – expert tips
Anyway, if you’re here for Wordle 456 hints, check out the latest clues for the September 18 puzzle below…
Wordle: Susie Dent discusses popular online word game
General Wordle tips and tricks…
• Don’t use the same letter twice in your opening guess.
• Try to use a couple of vowels in your first guess, particularly ‘A’ and ‘E’.
• Avoid letters such as ‘X’, ‘Z’ and ‘Q’ until later on, when you have a better idea what the answer is.
• ‘RAISE’ is a good word to start with, while ‘TOUCH’ is a decent second guess.
• Check out the daily hints provided by Express Online below…
Wordle 456 hints and clues for September 18…
1. Wordle 456 starts with the letter S.
2. Wordle 456 contains one vowel.
3. What the man in the picture is holding. One of these and a stone will break your bones.
Source: Read Full Article