Hot off the heels of Neo Geo’s 30th anniversary, SNK is opening up its library to Twitch Prime members. Today, the two companies announced over 20 games would be available throughout the summer, spread across three drops. This type of venture is the first of its kind between Twitch and another video game company, but hopefully it opens the door for many more similar collaborations.
“SNK’s arcade classics are as iconic as they come,” Twitch Prime VP Ethan Evans told Game Informer, “and with more than 20 legendary titles from the Neo-Geo era, we’re making more free games available to Prime members than we ever have before. If you grew up feeding quarters into arcade cabinets you already know how special these games are — and if you didn’t, you’re really in for a treat.”
The games are available for a limited time, but once Prime members claim them, they can keep them forever. The first drop comes this Tuesday on May 26 and will include the following:
- Art of Fighting 2 – In the second installment of the renowned Art of Fighting trilogy, players compete as one of 12 fighters for the coveted title of King of Fighters.
- Blazing Star – Released in 1998, this shoot ‘em up side scroller and spiritual sequel to the acclaimed Neo Geo shooter Pulstar lets players pilot incredible aircraft across a number of dangerous missions, filled with enemies aiming to take them down.
- Fatal Fury Special – This 1993 arcade classic is an updated version of the acclaimed Fatal Fury 2, expanding the original character roster to 15 playable fighters and introducing new gameplay changes such as the all-new combo system.
- The King of Fighters 2000 – In the second chapter in the legendary King of Fighters Nests Saga, players must take down the secret Nests society to stop their evil ambitions and bring peace.
- The King of Fighters 2002– This fan-favorite title was released in 2002 and features the epic return of the series’ 3-on-3 battle system, along with a number of popular characters from the franchise.
- Pulstar – Released back in 1995, this groundbreaking arcade game was the first SNK release to use pre-rendered graphics and if often regarded as among the best-looking shoot ‘em up games for the Neo Geo system.
- Samurai Shodown II – Battle against 15 of the world’s fiercest warriors in this fun fencing fighting game first launched back in 1994.
The date of the next drop has yet to be announced, but SNK and Twitch already confirmed the following games for the roster: Garou: Mark of the Wolves, The Last Blade 2, Metal Slug 2, The King of Fighters ’98 Ultimate Match Final Edition, Sengoku 3 and King of the Monsters. SNK is known for its fighting games and being a staple in the golden era of arcades, so don’t miss out on this opportunity to play them on your PC.
To claim the games, simply head to here on each drop date.
Source: Read Full Article