Overwatch is turning four years old, and once again Blizzard is celebrating the anniversary with an annual event packed full of limited-time challenges and new cosmetics–including Legendary skins–to collect. From now through June 9, you can take part in the special event on PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch. Here’s what to expect and a look at the new skins.
New weekly challenges will unlock limited-time rewards, including a bunch of Epic skins along with sprays and player icons. The weekly events will unlock Carbon Fiber Sigma, Fleur de Lis Widowmaker, and Masked Man McCree, respectively. You can earn those by winning nine games per week.
Those are offered in addition to the other cosmetics that can be pulled from loot boxes. Along with new player icons, emotes, and sprays, the new cosmetics include five Legendary skins: Masquerade Reaper, Huitzilopochtli Zenyatta, Little Red Ashe (with Big Bad Wolf Bob), Submarine Wrecking Ball, and Dragoon Mercy.
Overwatch has been home to regular events offering unique cosmetics, as well as competitive and balance updates, for the length of its lifespan. Most recently Blizzard announced plans to make competitive open queue a permanent fixture. New additions may slow soon, though, as Blizzard leans more into development of Overwatch 2. We know that the new hero Echo is the final new character planned for Overwatch 1 until the sequel releases.
Overwatch Anniversary Weekly Rewards
- Week 1: Carbon Fiber Sigma (Epic)
- Week 2: Fleur de Lis Widowmaker (Epic)
- Week 3: Masked Man McCree (Epic)
- Overwatch Patch Notes: New Update Adds Echo, Training Partner, And More
- Overwatch Gets New Hero Echo Next Week
- Overwatch Revises Hero Pools, Nixes Map Pools Next Week
- Blizzard Announces Overwatch's Next Character Is Echo
- Overwatch Archives 2020 Brings Back Brawls With Challenges For New Rewards
Source: Read Full Article